Available to Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Program Directors
For their CCEP Fellows in Training following year one of a two year program*
Fellows must complete the exam between June 15 and August 11, 2017.
The In-Service Training Exam consists of 100 questions collected from over 36 international experts in the EP field. This comprehensive assessment covers the essential EP competency areas for CCEP Fellows In Training as outlined in the ABIM certification exam blueprint. The exam is to be completed unproctored, at the fellow's own pace during the exam window. The exam results will provide a benchmark for both the individual and the program following year one of training of a two year program.
Price includes licenses for two EP fellows in training and the CCEP Program Director dashboard. Additional licenses can be obtained at no extra charge by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For the CCEP Program Director
- Following purchase, the CCEP Program Director gains access to his/her individual dashboard, from which invitations can be sent to fellows to take the exam, and results and reports can be viewed.
- Examinees receive a system generated invitation from the CCEP Program Director to take the exam. The window to complete the examination is June 15 – August 11.
- After completing the exam, the score can be viewed by the fellow and his/her program director.
- After August 15 Program Directors can view each of their fellows's results at the question level for a one-on-one discussion of knowledge gaps and next steps. Scores are shown by competency area, identifying areas of strength and opportunities for further development.
- In August, all participating CCEP Program Directors receive an overall average score for all participating programs/fellows who completed the exam by August 11. In addition, the average scores by competency area are displayed. (Note – individual scores are not shared.)
For the CCEP Fellow
The In-Service Training Exam for CCEP Fellows consists of 100 questions that will assess your level of progress through the EP curriculum following your first year of training, identifying areas of strength and opportuniteis for further development. This assessment is part of a suite of resources provided by the Heart Rhythm Society to enable fellows to enter the field fully prepared.
- Click on "View Content" in the activity steps on the left to access the exam
- Complete the exam at your own pace before August 11.
- Your score will be broken down by completecy area as outlined in the ABIM certification exam blueprint
*This exam is intended specifically for EP fellows who have completed year one of training. Data from exam results will be used to evaluate program strengths and opportunities for improvement, and for that reason, the pool of examinees should consist only of EP trainees.
Chair: Dr. Usha B. Tedrow, MD, MS, FHRS
Director, Clinical Cardiac EP
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cardiology
Dr. Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, FHRS
Kontos Professor of Medicine
Chair, Division of Cardiology
Virginia Commonwealth University Pauley Heart Center
Medical College of Virginia/VCU School of Medicine
Dr. Jose A Joglar, MD, FHRS
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas